Thursday, March 16, 2017

Taking back control

Now that we will need to move much sooner than originally planned, I am feeling pushed (finally) in the direction of taking back control of my finances. In other words, I'm becoming the grown up I've dreamed about being for years. To be clear, it's not painless. Each step, though a good step forward, is both unfortunate and beyond humbling. It's costing me to do it this way, now. And I should have done it years ago.

But I have gotten help with understanding it all, and know now where my credit, debt and finances stand. I now have a basic budget to work within. And I have the outline of a plan, for at least 5 years into the future, and, hopefully, also for when my son gets ready to go to college, and I (84 years from now) get to retire.

While I feel daunted by the enormity of it all, and stressed about the move, I don't feel quite as terrified. That's progress in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment