Monday, February 13, 2017

Moving, again...

So my housemate sprung the news that he really needs to put his house on the market in the next few weeks. I was expecting another full year, so this is a pretty big shock. Financially, I'm not on sure-footing, so I'm faced with some big decisions, which may have to be temporary until I get a better handle on things. I told my boy what's happening, as gently as I could, but it obviously is already upsetting for him - which is upsetting for me. Luckily, we have a couple of months to figure things out, even if it sells immediately, it won't close until mid June. But I just don't know what exactly to do. Housing is incredibly expensive here, so moving out quite a way may be my only option, or to house-share again - this time with another single mom, maybe. I'm torn. I don't want to pull my son from his preschool if possible, but it might all work if I found somewhere else.

Being a grown-up is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment