Saturday, August 11, 2012

Just about 26 weeks along - 14 to go...

These days are going by so quickly now - I have lots to do and very little capacity to focus on my checklist of things to get done. Starting with creating the checklist! Next weekend, we are painting my room to create a lighter color and a corner for my bebe. I've recruited some family to help and I'm so grateful they are able and willing to take the time.

Physically I'm feeling okay, though larger and larger everyday which makes it hard to imagine and scary to think about what I'm going to look like 3 months from now. I think I have the typical ailments - my feet hurt and swell, my hands and arms feel like they're asleep most of the time, and my lower back is starting to ache more often. I've also had to take a second test to determine whether or not I have gestational diabetes. I hope not, but I guess I wouldn't be totally surprised - I have many of the risk factors. But I will know next week and will cross that bridge if I come to it.

The best thing about this time is that my little guy is pretty wiggly - and now that I am getting used to him flipping around and bumping from the inside, it's really fun. I feel like I can kind of connect to and interact with him a little now - which is so cool.

I'm looking forward to creating a sweet and peaceful space for my boy and I think that will help me feel like I'm taking care of a good part of that checklist I still need to write! These are the prints and colors I'll be using in the space and am so excited - because they really are so cute:)



No comments:

Post a Comment