Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ah, LH surge, you little bugger...

I've been waiting all week for this day. This day would determine whether or not I'll be able to start TTC this month, finally. It's been 8 months since I made the decision to become a single mother through artificial insemination, and every single day since that moment has been gearing up for the chance to start trying. So today was rather important. If the home test for my LH surge was positive today, I'd have to wait another month, because once it's positive, I have 12-24 hours of optimum fertility. That's it, a tiny little window, which last month landed right on a Saturday which meant there was no hope of trying due to the clinic being closed on Sundays.Since then, I've been waiting patiently (ha!) for my next chance. Today, according to 2 ovulation predictor stick tests, and according to the ovulation calendars (about 6 different ones online) and according to my basal temperature which remains elevated, I did NOT have my LH surge, which means I still have a chance at TTC this month. I have an appointment scheduled for Monday afternoon, assuming that I'll surge tomorrow and can change it to Tuesday if I surge on Monday instead. All I can say is that I have a chance this time, I feel supported by several people who are checking in with me regularly (which - obvious from my last post - I need right now) and I am just ready to GO! Let's get to trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment