Saturday, August 13, 2011

Research Research Research

Once I made The Decision, it occurred to me that I had NO idea how to get started. I was sure, and grateful, that the path of my life had finally been laid out for me, but that was about all I knew. I spent the entire night plowing through the internet and coming up with many blogs and sites about infertility, but only one or two about women doing this on their own. I was seeing terms and acronyms I knew nothing about and was a little overwhelmed. But I stumbled on a book called Choosing Single Motherhood, downloaded it and finally started to put things together. I'm a quick study, and figured out that making the decision was the toughest part for some (though it came swiftly to me), that making the process happen was fairly simple if I had the money and if my body's fertility hadn't already crapped out on me.

Putting the emotional stuff together with the fairly simple process however has been a roller coaster ride. I'm constantly fighting with the fact that this IS my path, therefore all the questions and issues and concerns have to be resolved (uh, and resolved this very moment) because I know what I am meant to do. So I made lists and a plan and declarative statements on what and how I wanted to make it all happen. I got my annual physical, talked it through with my doctor, started looking up cryobank websites, told a few key people in my life and began what most 'in the know' would term the first stage 'Thinking'. The accepted first stages appear to be Thinking, Trying, Waiting,....  I still haven't reconciled that term because I'd made the decision. So I kind of went directly from 'Deciding' to 'Planning' and my next step will be 'Trying'. Obviously the steps and terms are personal to each woman going through this process, and this way seems to speak more clearly to me.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, We have literally suffered and exhausted all our monies in becoming parents. After 3 failed ivf's we were desperately in search of a honest and ethical IVF Clinic in India. Thats when we found Bloom IVF Clinic in Mumbai , India. Within 3 months we became proud parents of twin baby. I and my hubby would highly recommend this clinic to all. Alsoi I wanted to share my experience of travelling the length and breadth of India searching for reliable and affordable IVF Clinics and based on my experience I have ranked them accordingly. All are good !

    No 1.
    Bloom IVF Clinics
    www.bloomivf.com

    info@bloomivf.com

    IVF Centre, Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre
    2nd Floor, A 791, Bandra Reclamation
    Bandra West, Mumbai 400050

    Locations:
    Mumbai| Navi Mumbai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Mohali | Noida | Chandigarh | Faridabad | Bengaluru

    In this profession practicing assisted reproductive technology since last 22 years. Treated around 25000 patients in India & abroad. An efficient team of specialized world class doctors and technicians.

    No 2.
    The Apollo Hospitals Center for Assisted Reproduction
    www.hyderabad.apollohospita...

    Apollo Health City
    Jubilee Hills ,Hyderabad 500033,
    Telangana State, India.

    The Apollo Hospitals Center for Assisted Reproduction offers world class infertility treatment in India with advanced procedures and equipment has been achieving high success rates.

    No 3.
    Max Healthcare
    www.maxhealthcare.in

    Press Enclave Road Saket
    110017 New Delhi , DL
    India

    We understand seeking medical treatment outside your home can be physically and mentally difficult. So at Max, we are eager to get you home!.

    No 4.
    Dr. Rama's Institute for Fertility
    www.fertilityindia.com

    Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre
    15 - Dr. Deshmukh Marg,
    Pedder Road, Mumbai- 400026
    The Jaslok Hospital is committed to treating patients with medical excellence, care, compassion & tenderness. It offers support to the patients and their family members, who find themselves in such environment where they have to interact with new people, new places, new doctors and other personnel.

    No 5.
    BLK Hospital
    www.blkhospital.com

    Building No-5, Pusa Road,
    Rajinder Nagar, Prasad Nagar,
    Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110005

    BLK Super Speciality Hospital has a unique combination of the best in class technology, put to use by the best names in the professional circles to ensure world-class health care to all patients. Spread on five acres of land, with a capacity of 650 beds, BLK Super Speciality Hospital is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in the country.

    ReplyDelete